Create a new generation of Haitian citizens who will lead the sustainable and integrated development of their country with a sense of citizenship. Graduates of UNIF value the needs of their community at least as much as their own.
UNIF’s mission is to educate young Haitian men and women in order to create wealth in rural Haiti.
At the University of Fondwa, creating wealth means:
- Economic Wealth through financial and entrepreneurial initiatives and jobs.
- Intellectual Wealth through community-based education and research.
- Environmental Wealth through preserving the environment in student endeavors and promoting stewardship of resources in rural communities.
UNIF strives to create wealth in rural communities so that all men, women, and children in Haiti may achieve their full human potential and live with dignity.
UNIF’s Unique Core Values
- Solidarity with the poor
- Mutual respect and inclusion
- Respect for knowledge and traditional values of Haiti’s peasant population
- Spirit of service
- Respect for the environment